Thursday, February 12, 2009

Holy cow

Haven’t visited in a while and here I look and my last post says “2 weeks” – today is 10 weeks! A lot can happen in 8 weeks. I can safely say that I’m nearly fully recovered. I have been riding for the last 3+ weeks, as much as 35 miles, and go through most of the day without even thinking about it. Sleeping is fine. The only lingering effect is a narrowing of my airway which is only sometimes noticeable and while I was worried about it 2 weeks ago it’s already improved since then. As long as it continues to get better and I expect it will, all is well. I am still supposed to be limiting some activity – no running or other impact activity, limit what I lift over my head to ~20 lbs, but those limitations “expire” in 2-3 weeks. I don’t go back to see the surgeon until my 6-month anniversary, where I’ll get Yet Another X-Ray (YAXR) to check titanium plate and screw placement and further evidence of bone fusion (already present on my 6-week film).

So if there’s not much more to write about the surgery, then what next? Will think about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment